The Way of the Leopard Retreat,
Connect with your spirit(s), connect with Nature
Traditional Shamanic teachings from South Africa
Learn how to connect to your 7 senses, and move through the natural world like a Leopard.
Wednesday 15th Public talk 7-9pm ‘Way of the Leopard’ - connect with your intuition, connect with Nature.
John’s talk and retreat will be based on his best-selling book ‘Leopard Warrior’ and audio teachings ‘Way of the Leopard’, both published by Sounds True and available for purchase & signing on the night, and during the retreat.
The Leopard is one of the most revered totem animals in Southern Africa. The reason is because it represents intuitive intelligence and nobility of spirit. The Leopard represents harmony between the spirit and mundane worlds, always dancing between the twilight worlds of light and dark. It is a guide to African medicine people and others who want to listen and wake up.
Retreat from Thursday 16th 7pm to Sunday 19th 4pm
This retreat will be conducted as a ceremony, with chanting, dancing and meditating. A key intention behind John’s teaching is ‘uvula indlela’, opening the road i.e. teaching people how to find their purpose or calling in life through listening to their hearts, dreams and intuition.
In order to listen effectively we need to stimulate our nervous system and WAKE UP. The retreat will involve trance dancing or ‘shaking medicine’ where John will show people how to energise their spines to awaken their intuition. “In order to feel like the leopard, we need to move and dance like the leopard”.
Learn the three jewels of Indigenous medicine to connect with your humanity (Ubuntu)
· Listening to our Heart.
· Connecting with our Bones (Ancestors)
· Working with our Dreams (night time journeys)
In South African traditional culture, it is each person’s responsibility to connect to their ‘Ubuntu’ (humanity), and in so doing they realise their unique gifts and become effective members of their community. ‘Ubuntu’ speaks about US, SHARING, TOGETHERNESS. It is literally translated as, “I am what I am because of who we all are”.
· The ability to feel and listen to our Hearts will be honed through the practice of Heart-Beat meditation and trance dancing.
· Connecting with Ancestors – John will speak about the importance of honouring our forebears because they have given us the gift of life. A simple ceremony will be conducted to improve our connection to our ancestors.
· Dreams are the gateway to the spirit world. John will speak about the three levels of dreaming and some simple techniques to harness the power of our dreams.
- Plant Medicine Ceremony - A key part of the retreat is a traditional South African plant medicine ceremony. This is done to help cleanse people so that they can receive insightful dreams. The plants used are ‘non-hallucinogenic’. Participants will place their feet in a bowl of water & herbs.
Important items to bring on retreat
A plastic foot basin, preferably square with enough room to fit both feet in.
Blanket for meditation
Dream journal to record dreams
This Ceremony requires all participants to engage with their own process 100%. It requires the hearts of warriors, fearless individuals who are not afraid to face their own Shadows.
Retreat & Public talk Booking
Please contact Josien Krosenbrink http://www.centrumindianenverhalen.nl/agenda.html
(For Dutch please review website above)
Tel no in Holland: 0543-565540
Exchange: Talk €30, Retreat €400