Mindfulness From Africa : An Authentic Medicine Man from Nelson Mandela's Tribe - A Daylong Retreat
Learn the Art of Listening & Feeling from the Heart of Africa
This retreat will be conducted as a ceremony, with chanting, dancing and meditating. A key intention behind John's teaching is 'uvula indlela', opening the road i.e. teaching people how to find their purpose or calling in life through listening to their hearts, dreams and intuition.
Mindfulness from Africa involves:
- Dancing – as we dance we feel our spirit move & connect to our Heart-Beat
- Connecting with our Bones – we are the sum total of all our Ancestors
- Listening to our Dreams – to truly connect with our soul we need to become mindful of our Dreams
In order to listen effectively we need to stimulate our nervous system and WAKE UP. The retreat will involve trance dancing or 'shaking medicine' where John will show people how to energise their spines to awaken their intuition.
In South African traditional culture, it is each person's responsibility to connect to their 'Ubuntu' (humanity), and in so doing they realise their unique gifts and become effective members of their community. 'Ubuntu' speaks about US, SHARING, TOGETHERNESS. It is literally translated as, "I am what I am because of who we all are".
§ The ability to feel and listen to our Hearts will be honed through the practice of Heart-Beat meditation and trance dancing.
§ Connecting with Ancestors - John will speak about the importance of honouring our forebears because they have given us the gift of life. A simple ceremony will be conducted to improve our connection to our ancestors.
§ Dreams are the gateway to the spirit world. John will speak about the three levels of dreaming and some simple techniques to harness the power of our dreams.
Benefits to Participants
- Learning the practice of Heart-Beat meditation
- An appreciation of Ancestors and how through connecting with them we are connecting with our blood and all of humanity
- The Ancient Art of Dream Interpretation as understood through the eyes of mystics and seers. John makes this easy to grasp through his teaching of the ‘three levels of dreaming’.
To Book please contact InsightLA (via this link).
John will be available for private consultations after the retreat for healings, divinations and counselling/ mentorship. If you need more work with him please speak to the organiser and write your name down. Or you can contact John directly via email@example.com.
Please be aware that these techniques are powerful and have the ability to increase your emotions and ability to feel. In traditional South African ceremonies, all feelings whether positive or negative are seen as a good sign and indicate that the medicine is working. John is a simple guide and is not responsible for your emotional well-being. Please take full responsibility for your inner work.