The Way of the Leopard: The Art of Listening & Feeling from the Heart of Africa.
John Lockley is our guest all the way from South Africa. His life and work are testament to the power of the human spirit, and his teachings guide us to be empowered in a world of chaos. This retreat will be conducted as a ceremony, with chanting, dancing and meditating. A key intention behind John’s teaching is ‘uvula indlela’, opening the road i.e. teaching people how to find their purpose or calling in life through listening to their hearts, dreams and intuition.
John will teach what he calls the 3 Jewels of Indigenous Medicine.
1) Awakening the Heart through Heart-Beat meditation practice
2) Connecting with the Bones - Learning to honour and accept our Ancestors
3) Dreamtime training - Learn the ancient language of the Soul
He will lead the group in Heart-Beat Meditation practice, which involves moving like the Leopard from Stillness to Shaking, from head to toe. The Leopard is one of the main totem animals in Southern Africa amongst traditional healers because it represents raw, primal intelligence and intuitive understanding. In South Africa, the medicine people don’t speak about mindfulness but rather the art of listening. First, we listen to our own hearts then we watch the wind and the animals around us.
In order to listen effectively we need to stimulate our nervous system and WAKE UP. The retreat will involve trance dancing or ‘shaking medicine’ where John will show people how to energise their spines to awaken their intuition. “In order to feel like the leopard, we need to move and dance like the leopard”.
Benefits to Participants:
* Learn a new way to access your Heart-Beat to still your mind and foster relaxation
* Gain a deeper understanding of Ancestors and why it is important to honour them.
* Appreciate your Dreams and learn new ways to interpret & navigate this hidden world.
Pre-registration is required. Registration is $95 and can be paid athttps://www.paypal.me/JohnLockley. A limited number of discounted tickets will be offered to those experiencing financial hardship. Contact Michael at 406-360-6111 for more information.